Using Slack hooks
It is possible to use Slack to send notifications to your Slack channel whenever an apply is being done.
apply events are supported.
For this you'll need to:
- Create a Bot user in Slack
- Configure Atlantis to send notifications to Slack.
Configuring Slack for Atlantis
- Go to https://api.slack.com/apps
- Click the
Create New Appbutton
From scratchin the dialog that opens
- Give it a name, e.g.
- Select your Slack workspace
- On the left go to
oAuth & Permissions
- Scroll down to Scopes | Bot Token Scopes and add the following OAuth scopes:
- Install the app onto your Slack workspace
- Copy the
Bot User OAuth Tokenand provide it to Atlantis by using
--slack-token=xoxb-xxxxxxxxxxxor via the environment
- Create a channel in your Slack workspace (e.g.
my-channel) or use existing
- Add the app to Created channel or existing channel ( click channel name then tab integrations, there Click "Add apps"
After following the above steps it is time to configure Atlantis. Assuming you have already provided the
slack-token (via parameter or environment variable) you can now instruct Atlantis to send
apply events to Slack.
In your Atlantis configuration you can now add the following:
webhooks: - event: apply workspace-regex: .* branch-regex: .* kind: slack channel: my-channel
If you are deploying Atlantis as a Helm chart, this can be implemented via the
config parameter available for chart customizations:
## Use Server Side Config, ## ref: https://www.runatlantis.io/docs/server-configuration.html config: | --- webhooks: - event: apply workspace-regex: .* branch-regex: .* kind: slack channel: my-channel
apply event information will be sent to the
my-channel Slack channel.